The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Monday, April 11, 2005

If Food Be

Many of you have heard me tell the story--not original with me--about the Famous Actor playing Count Orsino in Twelfth Night, who came onstage and muffed the famous first line, which is supposed to go, "If music be the food of love, play on." Instead, he began, "If FOOD be . . . " At which point, he stopped, turned around, walked offstage, and refused to perform that evening. Can't say I blame him.

Strangely, though, food as the music of love does just fine for me these days. Especially chocolate milkshakes from the ice cream place down the street from my work. WADDLE!

I'm setting up this blog for several reasons. First off, I've been keeping a pregnancy webpage through babiesonline.com, and I love it. What a great way to show off our little Squid to family and friends, however far afield (the f&f, not Squidgle). However, the page template there is a tad limiting . . . and it will expire at some point after Squidgle's birth. And then how will I bombard the world with my baby's cuteness?

Also, I'm just a tad addicted to blog-surfing. Not so bad as I was before I gave up blogs for Lent (really!), but there you have it.

Perhaps most importantly, I'm trying to get into the habit of writing more often, both creatively and non . . . I'll leave it up to you to decide which this blog involves.

I want to keep this blog as anonymous as possible, at least for starters, lest it suddenly become hugely wide-read (at which point I will gladly take book offers, speaking engagements, etc.). However, I expect that most of you reading it know us already and can plug in any necessary details.

Here's the cast of characters whose delightful antics you will enjoy for years to come:
* Me. I am a wife, pregnant mommy, and teacher.
* My husband. I'll call him C. until I can come up with something more creative. He is a grad student.
* Squidgle. Squidgle is our unborn baby, due in July. Squidgle will probably continue to be Squidgle, at least on this blog, after birth . . . no doubt much to his/her chagrin in adolescence.

Also expect:
* -let to be added to lots of innocent, unsuspecting words (i.e., cloudlet, wavelet, babylet).
* Too many ellipses.

Signing off now . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home