The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

But will he holler "Freedom!"?

Sorry for the lack of Meaningful Posts over the last couple of days, but I fear that things have not been terribly exciting and/or post-worthy. Did some grading, lots more to be done, waddled a bit, Squidgle got the hiccups three times yesterday and the Husbandlet got the hiccups once (we know after whom the small one takes, n'cest pas?), tried out reading on two different items of happy new living room furniture yesterday (must make it all feel welcomed), had hour+ debate with Husbandlet as to whether he should grow out his hair to shoulder-length and beyond. Yada yada yada.

On the hair thing: Husbandlet has never had long hair and wants to see what it would look like on him. I wouldn't mind if he could suddenly get the Braveheart look tomorrow, but it's the growing-out stages that I dread. Initially, he wanted to shave his head (meep!) when the baby is born and grow out hair along with said infant. I have talked him down (up?) to cutting it to the average length of the baby's hair at birth ... I am convinced that my genes will triumph and Squidgle will be born with lots of hair ... and then growing it from there. My husband's moments of advanced whimsy are infrequent and hard to read. Is he having a minor pre-fatherhood crisis that is not manifesting itself through red sports cars or tattoos? Is it a long-standing desire of his to have long hair? Is he just teasing me? All of the above? (Yes.) Fortunately,

1) He is a graduate student, so now is a good time for coiffure experimentation, before he has to sleek down for job interviews.
2) He is more ticklish than I, so I always have a potent weapon to bend his hairstyle to my will.
3) He is cute when he's being weird, and I love him.

5 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Neb said...

Advice: photograph your husband now. A lot. :-)

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Husbandlet said...

Hey, a tattoo, that's a great idea :-).

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Jordana said...

Oh dear.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Lenise said...

My baby started pulling my hair at about 3 months. He's going on 8 months now, and still pulling hard. I don't think the long hair will last on your husband ;)

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jordana said...

Hey, good call . . . I've been growing out my hair, too, but I do rather wonder how long it will last once the grabbing begins . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home