The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Friday, May 20, 2005

TGIF

Well, it's All Over, and I'm exhausted. The testing itself wasn't all that bad, at least what small part I took in it. Mostly, I had duties, and sitting by a bathroom or in a big, empty commons area isn't too terrible. But there were other complications this week, the more stressful of which I can't really discuss due to its confidential nature (it was a student disciplinary issue with lots of twists and turns). And I'm also trying to figure out my leave options for next year. Plenty of twists and turns with that, as well, and a clear answer is hard to find. Thus, at times, distress and angst prevail.

However, today has many joys about it. The other teachers on my hall threw a baby shower/potluck luncheon for me and the other two pregnant mommies and one pregnant daddy I work with. Squidgle now has several more neutral-colored outfits and bibs. I have a major sugar high and an earful of baby stories. Here's my favorite from the day:

When one of my work friends was pregnant, multiple ultrasound techies told her that her daughter was a boy. So when the baby was delivered, my friend's husband took one look at it and, in all seriousness, said, "There's something wrong with him! His tallywhacker's missing!" The doctor said, "It's a girl, you idiot!"

Tallywhacker ... heh ...

And today's grand finale: Star Wars!

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Neb said...

Star wars!! Yay!! :-) Want to double date?

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Heather said...

My husband, for some reason, thought our first baby would be a girl (we didn't find out by ultrasound). When he saw our son, he says his very first thought was, "Oh my goodness - we got a girl with a penis!" And he's a doctor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home