The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Thursday, July 28, 2005

She's here, and she's beautiful!


Meet Ngaire:

She was born July 18 at 3:41 p.m. after a seven-and-a-half-hour labor. She weighed 8.5 pounds at birth, lost 8 ounces in her first day, and gained 5 back within her first four days of life, which will give you an idea of how much she's been eating.

Her name is a Maori word meaning "silver fern," and is pronounced "NI ree" (rhymes with fiery). We named her after an old family friend of Husbandlet's.

I have so much to write about, but I fear that the combination of baby-adoring and learning to type one-handed while nursing may cut down on blogging time for awhile. Thank you for checking in on me!

4 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Jordana said...

Yay! She's lovely.

Don't worry you'll get used to nursing and typing soon enough. :)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lenise said...

Congratulations! What a cutie.

I never did figure out nursing and typing. Maybe if I had gotten that sling to work...

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Mary said...

I showed Suzan Ngaire's picture last night. "NIGH, NIGH, NIGH" was my reward. And this morning I don't know what made her think of it but the broken record started again. "NIGH, NIGH, NIGH." So we had to come look at her picture again. SUCH a punishment! ;p Sure hope we can come see (I mean HOLD) her before too long.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yeah! I was hoping your blog silence for a week or so meant new baby! She's a beauty. I can't wait to read about your adventures as a mom. And while blogging and nursing is pretty difficult, you'll learn how to blog while she's asleep on you. :-) Congratulations!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home