The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ngaire’s new trick

The other day I was standing Ngaire up on my lap, and it dawned on me that every time I stood her up, she would open up her mouth in a huge smile. Then I realized that every time I stand her up, I open up my mouth in a huge smile and gasp with amazement at the utter wonderfulness of her achievement. So I’ve programmed her to open her mouth really big when she stands. I even experimented with this by standing her up on my chest, holding her above my head, and sure enough, when she heard my gasp, she gave that huge grin.

Since then, I’ve barely left the poor child alone. It’s the cutest thing to see a slightly fussy or tired baby trying halfheartedly to grin so her crazy mommy will stop making her stand up already. It’s positively Pavlovian. Though which one of us has been trained? That is the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home