The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

iMom and the Bluebeary

So, um. I have a confession to make. While all the rest of the mommy-blogging world was out dressing up their little ones in adorable little costumes for Halloween? I completely forgot about Halloween. We took Ngaire to the Harvest Festival at our church, and having unsuccessfully searched for an infant costume at a thrift store the day before (the nerve of that thrift store, not having an infant costume!), I somewhat desperately packed the Squid into the only semi-costumely thing she owns, namely a small blue fleece jacket with a bear embroidered on the lapel. It also features two tiny bear ears on the top of the hood. Ngaire was a Bluebeary! All commence "awww"ing (or gagging, as the case may be).

All goes well here. I'm even starting to get my memory-retention ability back ... or at least I thought I was, until I went with Sarah to her prenatal appointment today, and mentioned to the doctor that I was starting to get my mind back, and he said, "That'll never happen completely." Gee, thanks.

Ngaire has grown quite a bit. She is now in her 3-6 months clothes. She can sit for a few moments with very little balancing from us, and she can support her weight on her legs for longer periods of time. She can grab and pull things (like her colorful plastic amoeba-shaped-rings toy or Mommy's hair) into her mouth. She’s quite communicative, and will talk and coo back at us, or look at us significantly while making one of her signal noices (“uh-OO” = “I’m getting frustrated,” “kack” = “I’m hungry,” “OO-gah” meaning anything from “hello” to “I’m still frustrated” to “I’m sleepy” to “Why are you swaddling me again?” depending on the tone). She has developed a bald patch above her left ear, but the rest of her hair is getting thicker and longer. She really sleeps completely through the night now, from about 10:00 p.m. until about 5:30 a.m.; at 5:30 she usually wants a tiny snack, but she doesn’t really wake up completely until we get her up around 6:30, and she’ll sleep even longer as long as she gets fed periodically. She laughs!

Today, she was in quite the mood, laughing and squawking and playing. Sarah and I took her into the library at the Husbandlet's college, and she practically fell out of the Bjorn, she was craning around so much to see the sights. She barely napped at all, and I feared for this evening, but she conked out around 5 p.m. and has basically been asleep ever since (it is now 8:30) ... she only woke up briefly to ravage a few ounces of milk.

In other news, the Husbandlet is taking over the world, in the form of Civilizations III. He can, fortunately, take over the world while holding an infant on his left arm, so the Wife of the World Conqueror is still managing to get a shower occasionally.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Good game. Tell him to get some work done.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jordana said...

Oh Husbandlet? Nate says to get some work done! Husbandlet? Husb--Oh for crying out loud, just leave the Zulus ALONE!

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous That other Jordana said...

My husband likes to conquer the world too. He's looking forward to Civ4 coming out.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jordana said...

It's getting good reviews, apparently. I despair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home