The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Here on Ngaire-let's Isle

For Christmas, the Husbandlet and I bought my parents Season Three of Gilligan's Island, a show I remember fondly from my childhood. Now, every day, my mom picks my dad and me up from work and takes us back to their house, and on most afternoons Ngaire and I unwind by watching an episode or so. (The Husbandlet is dreadfully annoyed by the theme song and has never watched any of the show at all.) Anyway, as a result, the song is stuck in my head constantly, and Ngaire has heard it A Lot.

Last Friday, my mom sang a bit of The Song to Ngaire. Ngaire's little head immediately swiveled around to look at the TV.

Yesterday, my mom decided to entertain the Squid by showing her a bit of Gilligan. During the theme song, Ngaire sat forward, clasping her hands to her chest and laughing out loud. She lost interest during the action, though, so my mom re-played the song. Again with the hand-clasping and the laughing.

I'm sorry, Husbandlet, it looks like you're outnumbered.

For those interested, the new Ngaire achievements are these:
* She can sit by herself with only a bit of toppling over (she hasn't quite figured out that flinging oneself in various directions does tend to cause overbalancing).
* She rocks when positioned on hands and knees.
* She babbles.
* She has officially made the switch from infant carseat to convertible carseat (she has her six-month pediatrician's appointment on Friday, and I couldn't bear the guilt of having to tell her doctor that we hadn't upgraded, as Ngaire is now over the 26-inch limit ... though I must say the detachable and carryable qualities of the infant seat were quite convenient).

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Neb said...

TOO CUTE...

Auntie Neb wants to know, are there sufficient quantities of suffienciently Adorable 6-9 month little outfits?

'Cause if they're not, you know, I could help out with that...

Love & hugs, Neb :-)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jordana said...

SO many cute little outfits. BACK AWAY FROM THE CUTE LITTLE OUTFITS, NEB. Slowly.

Love you!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Neb said...

Gah!!

I will Try.

~Neb :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home