The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Studentlet wisdom

I normally don't post all the delightful things my students say, but yesterday there were a couple of gems that I just must pass along.

Scene 1 (in the computer lab. Students are working on a project in which they must plan a journey to three FOREIGN countries, then research those countries and the sites they will visit therein).

Student 1: Can I go to Hawaii?
Me: No, you have to go to a foreign country. Hawaii is part of the US.
Student 2: Nuh-uh!
Me: Yes.
S1: Can I go to Paris?
Me: Yes.
S2: Where's Paris? Is it in England?
Me: No, it's in France.
S2: Oh. Is the Eiffel Tower in England?
Me: No. France.
S2: Oh. I want to go there.

Scene 2 (in the hall).

Random student: I'm so mad--I'm moving to New York! Or--York something. I'm moving to Yorktown!

5 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Neb said...

If it is Yorktown, PA that is the studentlet's locational destiny, I fear s/he will be sorely disappointed by the lack of Broadway shows, skyscrapers, and general excitement; for other than the Pfaltzgraff Factory Outlet Store, I know of nothing good that comes out of Yorktown.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous husbandlet said...

No, no, I fear the Yorktown they are probably talking about 15 miles south of the school. It's basically the next town over.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Nothing good comes out of Yorktown, PA except for Pfaltzgraff? You're forgetting the World Weightlifting Hall of Fame and the Harley Davidson assembly plant!!! And our two kids, conceived within the city limits - though admittedly, we were happy to get them OUT of York to Arizona!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Neb said...

Ah, your adorable children are surely a bright spot in the York landscape. :-)

And, yes- the Weightlifting Hall of Fame freaks me out- er, I mean, Enlightens me every time we pass it en route to MD.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Nate said...

But there is no Yorktown, PA. (Okay, so all of you knew that already.)

York, PA does have its good points (all listed already), but I don't usually think of those. I think of York mostly as a place with a decent selection of fast food just north of the never-ending I-83 road destruction project (when I'm going north-south on 83) and as the traffic jam between Lancaster and Gettysburg (when I'm going east-west on US30).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home