The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

A bunch of mini-posts from week 1 of Blocked Blogger-ness

More weeping and whimpering. Thank God for infant Tylenol (or rather, the off-brand version). We’re going on week two of rough days for Ngaire; some are good, some are bad. Wednesday was full of smiles and playing, according to Nanny. Yesterday was quite bad due to teething, and I came home to a limp and moaning little girl who clung to me and cried on and off throughout her nap and didn’t want me to touch her mouth. But after the infant Tylenol-Equate thingy: oh what a difference! Sleep, calmness, chortling and playing.

She’s beginning to scooch forward more often. Now, when she whaps a toy just out of reach, she’ll hoist herself up on hands and feet in an inverted V, hop her hands forward, and fall on her tummy. This usually gains her a couple of inches.

Bomb threat at school yesterday. The fire alarm went off a little before noon, and we all herded out of the building. It was (relatively) quickly determined to be a prank, but I have to say that the 45 minutes of “sweeping” done by the non-existent bomb squad’s equivalent failed to inspire me with unmitigated calmness. Calming down my students afterwards has left me with no voice today. Thank goodness it’s Friday.

The Husbandlet is still in the northern wilds. My parentlets and the Squid and I are off to visit my in-laws for the weekend. The Husbandlet will be home Sunday, and I have to say that as far as I’m concerned, he’ll be the best thing to ever come out of Canada.

On a completely unrelated note, my left eyelid keeps twitching.

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Nate said...

I have a friend here whose eye has been twitching ever since he took the department Ph.D. qualifying exams. In his case there might be substance abuse involved, though.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Papaya Mommy said...

My eyelids twitched all throughout grad school. At times it was so violent, I was afraid others must be noticing and thinking how neurotic I looked. It stopped after I graduated, but started again this past week with the advent of the virulent stomach flu tag game our family is playing (coupled with a big trip we took simultaneously, the driving snowstorm we drove through, and the guests we've been sharing our sickness with). Someday I'll blog about it (when there's more time).

I'm sorry about the stress in your life. I hope that Ngaire is herself again soon, without the aid of acetimenophen! I send sympathy & prayers for some down time/fun time for you guys soon!

Love, Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home