The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Why marine biology is perkier than teaching high school English

You get to eat what you study.

(You also get to go to lots of conferences and meetings, like the Husbandlet, who is in Maryland at present. He told me when he called yesterday that, amazingly, one of the speakers had managed to make a talk on crab-castrating parasites tedious. I can’t imagine how that could be.)

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Judas said...

I had the most amazing Seafood Udon at the noodle bar last night and I decided I should eat more squid. What does whale taste like?

Judas Penrose
Poetry Politics and Piracy

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Now, now. There's no reason to mock that which you do not know.

It was probably made tedious the same way anything is made tedious. I'm sure that you would know the difference between, say, a good lecture on Faulkner and a tedious one. The same differences apply to lectures on crab-castrating parasites.

For the record, I would hate to hear either one of those lectures. I prefer things like actin polymerization, cell motion modeling, complex fluid phases and modeling, and social modeling. Notice a theme? I want to be a model when I grow up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home