The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Conversation

Him: I'm almost done with The Aeneid.
Me: You're very plucky.
Him: It takes pluck to read The Aeneid?
Me: I don't know, it's just not as interesting as, say, The Odyssey. I don't know if I would ever have read it on my own, unless I was feeling especially virtuous.
Him: How about reading The Aeneid AND Le Morte D'arthur at the same time, while also listening to Absalom, Absalom! on tape?
Me: OK, now you're just showing off.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Nate said...

J'aime Le Morte d'Arthur, mais Absolam, Absolam! sur la cassette? Meh.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Aeneid is not nearly as plucky as Paradise Lost. And I have no pluck...

- Paige

 

Post a Comment

<< Home