The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I feel icky, oh so icky

Welcome to The House of Waddle, better known these days as The House of Woe. Without further ado, a tally of my complaints:

• A few weeks ago: laryngitis. No longer a problem, but it sure put a hitch in teaching and practicing my song for our church’s Easter pageant. My speaking voice is basically back now, but my singing voice is still in bad shape.
• I think I had a cold after that. Or a mild tummy bug. It’s hard to remember.
• Last Wednesday, I started to feel the onset of the latest flu to go around our community. By Thursday, I was a mess. I took Friday off. The Husbandlet, kindly matching me symptom for symptom, spent the weekend with me draped over furniture and moaning softly. We had stomach cramps, a little diarrhea, aches, pains, and chills, headaches and fatigue. A walk to the mailbox on Saturday afternoon (for which we wisely inserted the Squid into her stroller, lest we topple over) wiped us out. We feasted on oatmeal for breakfast, pasta with butter for lunch, and rice for supper.
• By Sunday, we were mostly better. The Husbandlet consumed a large hamburger for lunch, though I was only able to look with approbation on a salad. But then:
• Came my latest flu permutation: fever, chills and shakes and aches, headaches and fatigue and mild nausea, congestion, coughing, the pouring of disgusting-colored goo from the nose, and unhappy throat and ear canal. For the last four days. I am a mess.

The upside of all this is that I seem to be within spitting distance of pre-pregnancy weight; the pants I’m wearing now are only one size above my pre-pregnancy jeans, and they’re beginning to feel loose. I guess a diet of nothing but carbs and fluids will do that to you. Of course, I can’t quite get up the energy to stand on the scale.

The good news: The Husbandlet is feeling almost back to normal. The Squid wasn’t sick when we were, and it’s hard to tell how she’s feeling now. She is coughing and sneezing quite a bit, and had a touch of runny poop last week, but the pediatrician gave her a clean bill of health as far as ears--no infection--and respiration, though she probably suffers from a bit of my virus. The Squid is also a tad on the cranky side. But this could be due to other factors; deciding to compound all possible misery into as compact a time possible, we are currently:

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Neb said...

I SO hope you guys all feel better soon. Remind me again, why don't we live next door to you....? 'Cause you know I would totally take the Squid while you both rest/read/make love. ;-)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Feel better :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home