The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ngaire developments

She is so amazing! She pulls up, she cruises around the room holding onto furniture, she takes steps forward if we hold both her hands (if we hold just one hand, she falls over). She crawls purposefully, padding like a little bear, and with the focused stalking of a leopard. She can get where she wants to go, and she is heady with the power. The power! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

She babbles like crazy, and has been heard to hum snatches of various songs (I swear!), like “Twinkle Twinkle,” “Barbara Ann,” and a little song I made up for her last Sunday which goes,

Baby Boo, Baby Boo,
Precious Squidgle, I love you,
Oh Ngaire, ooooooh oh Ngaire, ooooooh oh Ngaire,
Ooooooooh I love you!

Baby Bear, Baby Bear,
You’re so sweet, so cute, so fair,
Oh Ngaire, etc.

Dazzling, isn’t it? Incidentally, the lyrics of most songs we make up for her run along these lines, whether we’re singing to the tune of “Barbara Ann” or the Hallelujah Chorus. (I did make up a complex series of lyrics to a little ditty called “Great Is Thy Poopiness” rather early on in the Squid’s life—shocking!)

Ngaire still has just the two teeth, but they are getting Longer. She is also Chomping more. Hence the sore nipples. That and the breast pump. I will be so glad to shelve the extensive pumping when the school year ends. If things go according to plan and I become a stay-at-home mommy by baby #2, I may never (or hardly ever) pump again. Dizzy am I with excitement.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Neb said...

Nate and I will be visiting you when she takes her first steps, right?

Make sure Ngaire knows to wait till we're there, 'kay?

(PS My husband has not Officially Approved any car trips this summer, so I am speaking rather prematurely about this visit. However, I am Very Hopeful. :-) )

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous peter said...

As an erstwhile writer of semi-sacrilegious parody hymns, I applaud your creativity. [You may make it into a future UCC Hymnal yet.]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home