The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Monday, June 19, 2006

Minutiae

I am badly in need of a haircut. Not wanting to re-enact the Hair Shard Experience with Ngaire, I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to slip away sans Squid. This opportunity, however, has not yet been forthcoming.

I tried on bathing suits yesterday. Yeek.

I’ve been batting around the idea of writing a paper or essay on women’s voices in the blogosphere, but I’m not entirely certain where to begin or how not to sound like an Internet freak. The Husbandlet says I should (a) do research and (b) read C. S. Lewis. He is no doubt correct.

Oooh, and somehow I’ve managed to reduce down to just two pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, much to my own astonishment. (No diets were harmed in this weight loss.) I fear that this means it’s time to get pregnant again. Oh, and how is it possible that I should be just two (2) pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, but those pounds should be so very differently distributed from heretofore that I still can’t get into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes? I will always be one dress size higher, I guess, and none of those shirts will ever close over my bosom again.

Don’t even get me started on bras.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Anonymous That other Jordana said...

I found that when I'm not nursing at all not only my bra size, but also the size of my rib cage starts shrinking. But the truth is, unless you are one of the rare genetically perfect women who also has a personal trainer at your disposal, the weight does get redistributed after pregnancy, but, at least for me, most of it goes back to spots I can live with without whining too much.

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it means that it is time to get pregnant again! What are you waiting for?! ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home