The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Friday, August 18, 2006

Communication

Last Sunday morning, Ngaire made the sign for “all done” when she wanted down from her high chair after breakfast.

Yesterday, she and I were snuggling on the couch, and she was babbling, “Ba ba ba ba ba.” I said, “Ba ba,” which seemed to please her, so I decided to try a little experiment. “Mama,” I said. There was a little silence. Then, “Mama,” said Ngaire.

Today, we were reading a little book whose main characters were bears. As we got to the end of the book, Ngaire was fascinated by the little angel bears decorating the inside of the cover. She pointed at one and said, “Beh.” Then she did this several more times.

We had a delightful time visiting our friends and their kidlets. My suitemate lives in a veritable children’s paradise, with a huge backyard and lots of play equipment. Ngaire enjoyed the big kids and also the amount of sand available for consumption. She did very well, too, on the two long car trips; the only negatives were the episodes of diarrhea she produced on the way home. I ran out of wipes, and at our next pit stop, begged a nice Exxon employee to equip me with little handiwipes (the kind you get at a barbeque joint), which he did most sympathetically. Ngaire’s tushie was definitely lemony fresh after that.

I guess that was a preview of the first instance of Ngaire getting an intestinal bug. She threw up once yesterday, and still seems pretty clingy and emotionally fragile today, signs that all is not well in her little insides. I seem to have caught a milder form of the bug from her, but it’s only manifesting in achiness and wooziness and a little headache. We have officially entered the Illness-Getting (and passing on to parents) Stage. Fun.

I start back to work next week, with staff development, taking a day off to get my wisdom teeth removed. Oy. That is all I have to say.

I'm off now to comfort a squawking Squid.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Neb said...

{Hugs} from Auntie Neb.

We miss you all. :-)

PS *HINT* 12 month update...??? :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home