The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ngaire can now

* Toddle/walk/run/you name it.
* Wave goodbye using (a) her whole hand and arm (flapping madly) and (b) curling her fingers ... not all together, but she is trying hard.
* Climb--no, swarm--all over various pieces of furniture.
* Say "Uh-oh!" when she drops something.
* Obey (I haven't gotten bitten in days).
* Disobey (we're working on learning the "Hands off!" command).
* Did I mention the walking?

She is oh so cute. She is wearing me out.

I took her along to get my gum graft stitches removed today, and she did her little swarming thing all over the waiting room and my lap in the dentists' chair. But as soon as the periodontist began clipping the stitches, she became quite still on my lap and watched attentively. She gets this from her father's side of the family.

We have recently discovered that Ngaire really enjoys tumbling on our bed. She likes to be pushed over backwards to fall against a pillow, and she likes rolling and crawling and flopping about. This afternoon, after some tumbling, she lay on her back to take a breather, and looked at me. I was rather worn out (see above), so I lay down next to her and said, "Where's Mommy's belly button?"

She smiled.

She flipped over into a crawling position.

She crawled over, waited for me to pull up my shirt, and stuck her finger in my belly button.

So I KNOW she can learn "Hands off!"

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Neb said...

That's my girl!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D Love, Auntie Neb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home