The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

La la la I should be grading la la

I've got nothin'.

Week Two of school has been ... tiring. I'm feeling the strain of keeping my classes on task and on track, combating the withering forces of the Powers That Be Constantly Disrupting the Instructional Flow They So Laud.

In other news, I'm beginning to mull over thoughts about birth control. I have nothing tremendously huge against the theory of unnatural family planning, but I haven't met a form of contraception that I actually like. WARNING WARNING TMI A-COMIN': For the three-plus years of our marriage, the Husbandlet and I have been using this, but, as it turns out, this. So, now this, to the general angst of all.

Why not the good old Pill? Well, I'm pro-life, and though many dear and much-respected friends provide reasonable arguments as to why the Pill's implantation-preventing qualities aren't really that big a deal, I don't personally have freedom of conscience on the matter. Analogies about the difference between driving a car and having the brakes unexpectedly fail, and driving a car knowing it to have faulty brakes come to mind. I'd rather err on the side of caution, reproductively speaking.

So: the Pill, shots, ring, and IUD are right out. NFP isn't the most accurate method in the world. Condoms aren't much fun, spermicides aren't very reliable, and I'm totally and completely sick of the diaphragm and its attendant Issues. The cervical cap ... I'm not even sure it exists. So what's a girl to do?

All I can say is, the Husbandlet's testicles should be very, very afraid.


So how about y'all? Thoughts on the subject?

3 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are more kids in the plan? If not, *snip snip* is really so very easy and effective...

- Paige

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wildly more creative (and quite possibly ineffective) approach could be to use an ovulation monitor. Costs $$, yes, but so do ... um ... other stuff. (OK, CONDOMS, Peter, happy now?)

But it's an interesting combination of technology and NFP.

Just checking, NFP here stands for Natural Family Planning, correct? Not Non-Fructose Plantains? I could see an argument for either one.

Also checking -- NFP (the first one, not the second) would be the ever-popular Rhythm Method?

-- Meeshlet, who cannot remember her password.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Neb said...

The car analogy was good. :-)

I'm hoping for another Longlet baby (or four) and then I suppose A Final Solution...?

Love and hugs to your urinary tract (okay I guess that sounds too weird),

Neb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home