The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I wish this actually gave me an excuse for not blogging, but I’m afraid it doesn’t really

Some months ago, the Husbandlet asked me, “Well, since you’re no longer pregnant and you’ve lost the baby weight, shouldn’t your blog be called something other than ‘The Pregnant Waddle’?” I protested, rather feebly, no doubt, that the name had seemed like a good idea at the time, and I guessed I’d stick with it. Besides, that’s where my vast readership knew to find me.

Now, however, the point, it is moot.



Meet the Remora. The Remora has been gestated for five weeks, and is currently busy developing organs. ETA is roughly July 7, at least according to an online pregnancy calculator. So far, aside from a few brief episodes of mild nausea, I’ve felt great, though very, very, very tired. I don’t remember being this fatigued with my first pregnancy.

Other early tip-offs that I was pregnant, starting from conception (we know when we got busy):
* Emotionalism. Over nothing.
* Excessive gas (sorry, Husbandlet).
* Seriously, I could feel my uterus stretching. Really! Please believe me.
* My skin broke out—around ovulation, not around PMS time. Veddy unusual.
* Evening queasiness.

All this led me to jump the gun and take a pregnancy test on cycle day 23. Negative. But my period didn’t show up, so on the morning of day 30, after retrieving the Squid’s morning bottle, I peed on another stick. Then I left it sitting on the bathroom counter and went back to bed. When the Husbandlet got up, some time later, he checked the stick and brought it to me. “Have a look at this,” he said. I was changing Ngaire’s diaper and just glanced over, not looking too carefully. “Negative,” I said. “Look again,” replied the Husbandlet. And indeed, there was a very faint second line.

(Apologies for the poor photo quality of the pregnancy test.. I don’t have a digital camera, so I scanned it. There are two lines there! I swear!)

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous peter said...

Congratulations!

Remora & Squidlet -- very nice.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

How wonderful!!! Believe it or not, the second baby is soooooo much easier. And two is waaaay better than one.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anne said...

Well, congratulations!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Neb said...

(Better late than never)...

Congratulations!! Auntie Neb is thoroughly satisfied with your efforts. :-) More reproduction= more snuggly visits and baby clothes shopping on the horizon. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home