The Pregnant Waddle

Pre-Pregnancy Weight Just Around the Corner (It's Trying to Run and Hide)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Marvin

The Husbandlet has a Very Sexy New Computer. Technically, it’s for work (which explains its extremely high-powered, state-of-the-art nature), but it’s also a laptop. Which means that we are currently sitting side-by-side in bed while I blog and he runs through his computer games at different graphics resolutions, for comparison’s sake and, I’m sure, to see how effectively the graphics card will work for his dissertation-writing purposes. Right, Husbandlet?

When he started up a game, it automatically opened at the lowest resolution. The computer objected to this. “I’m barely idling,” it seemed to say. “For this you got two gigabytes of RAM?” Naturally, the Husbandlet humored it by upping the resolution a few notches.

So the computer reminds me of Marvin the melancholy robot in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. The Husbandlet objects to the association, though. “I don’t want my computer to be depressed!” he says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home